SECTION A. NEW ENROLLMENT
- A completed application on an HMAUS membership form must be submitted to the Membership Chairman.
- Payment for the full amount of membership must accompany this application.
- Membership is subject to challenge at the next meeting of the Board of Directors. If a membership is refused, the applicant is entitled to a refund.
- Membership starts upon receipt of the membership application and dues.
- Membership is for a period of twelve consecutive months. The month following the receipt of the membership application is counted as the first month of membership.
SECTION B. RENEWAL
- Membership ends on the last day of the twelfth month of membership.
- Members are sent renewal notices by the Membership Chairman by the last day of the eleventh month membership.
- A completed membership renewal form must be submitted to the Membership Chairman.
- Payment for the full amount of membership must accompany this renewal form.
- Memberships will expire on the last day of the grace period if the renewal form and dues are not received.
SECTION C. THE BONUS PERIOD AND THE GRACE PERIOD
- The Bonus Period is the period between receipt of the new member application and the first month of membership as defined in Section A, Item 5.
- The Grace Period is the 30-day period following the end of the twelfth month of membership. The member will continue to be on the HMAUS mailing list until this grace period expires.
SECTION D. EARLY RENEWAL DISCOUNT
- Members who submit their renewal application and dues early will receive a discount as prescribed by the Membership Chairman from time to time.
- The early renewal discount is given to members who send in their renewal form and membership dues before the end of the eleventh month of membership.
SECTION E. MEMBERSHIP LAPSE AND REINSTATEMENT
- A membership will lapse when an application and dues have not been received by the end of the grace period. Upon such lapse, a notice and reinstatement offer will be sent to the former member.
- Reinstatement dues will be as prescribed from time to time by the Membership Chairman.